Montag, 19. Mai 2014

Home sweet home


Nach unserem Spiel in und gegen Houston, bin ich nach 4 Tagen Reise wieder gut gelaunt in Portland gelandet und wurde freudig von ein paar Fans empfangen.

After our game against Houston, I am back in a good mood. I landed after a 4 day trip in Portland and was joyfully received by a few fans.



Anschliessend ging es dann ab in den Thorns Store, muss mir ja mal anschauen was da so los ist. 
Außerdem trage ich jetzt lila und die Fans mögen es anscheinend :-)

Then I went into the Thorns Store, yes I have to watch what's going on sometimes.
Also, I am wearing purple now and the fans seem to like it :-)








Danach ging es mal wieder
 - richtig - 
zum Essen… :-)


Then I went again
- you guessed it -
to eat… :-)






Das LePigion ist der Oberkracher. Ein kleines, gemütliches Restaurant mit französischer CrossOver Küche. 
Ich saß direkt am Tresen und konnte den Köchen beim Leckereien zubereiten zu schauen.

Fazit: Super Essen, tolle Atmosphäre und sehr aufmerksames Personal. 
Zwar etwas fancy, aber es lohnt sich zu 100% hier zu essen.

Ehrlich gesagt habe ich das Gefühl, das ich nur über Essen auf meinem Blog schreibe, aber es gibt hier auch einfach so viele gute Restaurants und die müssen nunmal alle ausprobiert werden :-)
Also, ich brauche eure Tips.




The LePigion is a top hit. A small, cozy restaurant with French CrossOver cuisine.
I sat right at the bar and was able to look how the chefs prepared the goodies.

Conclusion: Great food, great atmosphere and very attentive stuff.
It was a bit fancy, but I 100% recommend that you eat there.

Honestly, I have the feeling that I only write about food on my blog, but there are so many good restaurants and I have to try them all :-)
So, I'll take any tips.




Nun geht's ab zum Flughafen, denn heute kommt eine Freundin von mir aus Berlin, die ich abholen werde.
Bis bald…

Now I have to go to the airport, because a friend of mine from Berlin is coming today, who I have to pick up.
See you soon...




1 Kommentar:

  1. I'm so glad that you are enjoying Portland! Here are some more food recommendations: Ox on NE Martin Luther King Blvd is about as fancy as Le Pigeon, but is more focused on grilled meat and is inspired by food from Argentina - it can be a long wait for a table, though. Cheese Bar on SE Belmont sells cheese, but also has some good sandwiches, salads, and small plates. The owner is an cheese expert, but also loves to recommend beer to go with his cheese. The Woodsman Tavern on SE Division is a popular place with good cocktails and food from the Pacific Northwest region. Aviary on NE Alberta has very interesting food with Asian and French influences that is unlike anything else in town. For quick and less expensive food, the Ocean on NE 24th and Glisan is good. There are about five or six different places serving different types of food, so if you go with a group you can each get something different.

    We love having you play for us here in Portland!

    AntwortenLöschen